CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My First Crop

Hey everyone,
I am finally able to say that flu was left the building. It was a horrible week I spent with it. :( On the weekend I was still not feeling 100% but I had plans to go to my first ever crop and nothing was going to hold me back from going! I had the hardest time packing to go though...how do you take an entire room?! I have only ever crafted in my room so I was stressing about what to take and what to leave behind. Here is a picture of what I ended up taking:

I was trying to be very reasonable because I didn't want the other girls there thinking I was moving in! However, When I got there they were shocked at how little I had brought lol. You should have seen the stuff they brought!!! Here is a picture just the stamp section:


There were four us us in total and we took over the dining room at Tena's house. I had no idea what I was going to make when I left my apt. that morning and even though in the end I only ended up with a bunch of die cuts (they had different cartridges then I do) and one card, it was a blast! It was so fun seeing all the different stuff they had and playing around with it. I have never stamped an image and coloured it before and honestly I can say I am hooked! I stopped at Michael's and got myself a set of markers since the crop and I can see a Stampin' Up party in my near future! Here are a few more pictures from the day:





We are thinking about having a crop session once a month! I can't wait!
Tara

P.S. Today is another storm day so hopefully I will get to post again later :)

2 comments:

the cricutologist said...

Oh how fun! I love getting together with my scrappy friends too. Once a month is great. What a blast!

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Looks like fun! I host a monthly crop at my house which is great for me because I am one of those people who look like I'm moving in! My sister and I do meet up with a group once a year at a B&B for an entire weekend! You would laugh if you saw what we all bring! Each lady has about nine bags of scraping stuff, a cricut, and our plastic storage drawers, and an itty bitty bag with undergarments a change of sweats and a tooth brush (maybe a comb too)! The inn keepers get a kick out of us! It is so much work but so worth it! I definetly recommend the once a month crop!