CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lucky - Door Hanging

Hello Crafters,
It's a new month and you know what that means...I needed a new door hanger decoration. These are so much fun to make. The first one I made was a Halloween one inspired by one Mary from Cardz tv had made. She does a great video on how to make it if you are interested in trying one you should check it out.
In case you missed my older ones or are a newer follower here are the links to my other ones: October, December, February. (I know I have missed a couple months in there, I'll catch them the next time around lol)

One things I am always asked is how I get my paper towels tubes so flat. Well...I'll let you in on the secret... there is a few steps
1) flatten it with palm and then crease the edges with a bone folder.
2) Using A,B,C plates run it though the cuttlebug
* now you can pick your next step I have done both and both are very effective.*
3) Place it under about a foot and a half of paper pads overnight. Now you know why I am on a paper diet!
or the next is my preferred method
3) Squirt Scotch quick dry into one end of the tube and shake it until it runs down to the middle of the tube, place it between paper (saves you a mess if some decides to come out) place it back into your cuttlebug and very slowly run it though. Then do the same to the other end. I find this way the best because it gives you a stiffer result which makes the project more sturdy in the end.

I would like to enter my latest creation in a few St. Patty's Day challenges Crafting with Cristina, Creative Time For MePaper Cutz Challenge and Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge.
Thanks for looking and as always I love your comments!
Tara







Recipe:
1 Paper Towel Roll
Patterned paper - DCWV Holiday stack (from 2009)
Cardstock  - Recollections and scraps
Gold Cardstock - Dollarama
Leprechaun - Paper Doll Dress Up cut @ 3"
Pot of Gold - Paper Doll Dress up cut @ 3" (real dial size)
Horseshoes - Old West cut @ 2.5" and 4.5"
Lucky - Alphalicious cut @ 2.5" (in think, sorry) short stack feature + short stack shadow
Metallic rope- Dollarama
Shamrock glitter stickers - Dollarama
Bling - Dollarama
Martha Stewart Brown ink
Eyelets - Making Memories (metallic and brights)
Cuttlebug + folders 'Diamond Plate' and 'Swiss Dots'
Crop a Dile Big Bite
Scotch Quick Dry Glue
ATG
Zig 2 Way Glue
Pop Dots
(phew...I used a lot on this and didn't even notice until I had to type it all up lol)

11 comments:

Sue said...

Wow, this is awesome! I thought you purchased it at first. Very professional looking.

Cathryn said...

LOve this, it is so great!! TFS Cathryn67 :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great door hanger! Love all the fun details!

Amanda Villarreal said...

Wow that is awesome! I love the tips on flattening the rolls I have always had trouble with mine. Im really loving this hanger!

Thanks for joining us at Crafting With Cristina

Kitty said...

This is an adorable hanging. I love all the details.

Sheri Twing said...

Tara, I love this!!! So cute!

Glora said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!! This is the cutest St. Patrick's Day decoration!!!! I absolutely LOVE it! You did an AMAZING job on all of those details and the gold paper is awesome too! Thanks for joining us for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs - Glora

CricutLvr!! said...

Love this idea!! Super cute hanger and all the little detail!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting with Cristina. Good luck!!

D said...

Wow, your sign is GORGEOUS!!!! I just love your cute little leprechaun.

Unknown said...

Super creative and so resourceful. Stop by my blog~I've awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award!!

Kim said...

that little leprachaun makes me smile! thanks for participating in the challenge