CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Birthday Sundaes Challenge #35

Hello Crafters,

It's time for another Birthday Sundaes challenge! Today our challenge is to create a birthday card with a tree and a birthday sentiment on the front of your card! As soon as I read this challenge I knew just the tree I wanted to use! Here is my card inspiration for you this week...


I have been so inspired so much by the amazing cards that my fellow DT member Samantha makes using her pearl pens that I have been trying to use mine more lately. I tried a technique I have seen her use this week by framing my entire card with pearl pen dots. I really like the effect. It is clear I need more practice but I think I pulled it off okay :) Thanks for the amazing inspiration Samantha!

Card Details:
A2 Size card
Cardstock: Recollections + Staples
Cricut cut: Sweethearts cartridge cut @ 3.5"
Sentiment stamp: Hero Arts
White pearl pen
Glossy accents
Ribbon: Offray

I Hope you can join us this week too! Check out the Birthday Sundaes blog for the rest of the DT creations!
Happy Crafting!
Tara



6 comments:

Maribel said...

You did a wonderful job with liquid pearls! Samantha also inspired me to use them, they are so much fun! I love the two hearts in the center of the tree. Just fabulous:)
Maribel

Kimberly J. said...

So pretty!! I love this tree and all the pretty accents you added!! Great card!

:: Samantha KT :: said...

Your card is fabulous! I love the little hearts that you created on the tree trunk and all those leaves on your trees so cute!
You did an amazing job with your pearls!

Samantha

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Fun card! Love the tree!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Laurie said...

Really cute card, I love this tree and have used it often. Love the pearl pen, guess I need to add that to my wish list! ;)
Laurie DTM
scrapsbysissy.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Great card...love those little hearts! Perfect frame with "perfect pearls", very pretty.